of Vernon Council
of Coldstream Council
Contact civic politicians and encourage them to:
1. Improve signage so guests to our city can find the public
beaches. Most beaches are not signed well enough. Some local beach
residents are resisting the placing of signs in order to keep the
beaches isolated from fellow citizens.
2. Speed up development of the public access points on Okanagan
Lake. Especially Delcliffe Beach
and Foster Road Beach.
3. Add sand to Kal Beach
to lessen the dust problem. Any evening in the summer you'll see
the clouds of dust rising from the beach. It is a health hazard
4. Add sand to Kin Beach
to widen the lessen the slope of the beach.
5. Add a second parking lot crosswalk at the other end of Kal
beach to spread out the parking and make access easier.
6. Add more parking near Pumphouse
beach. There is little to no parking and some of the no-parking
signs are unnecessary.
Beach Volleyball (Coming Soon)
Beach Related Recreation Day Trips:
- Gardum Lake
- Shushap River
- Mable Lake
- Sugar Lake
- Mara Lake
- Fintry Beach (Okanagan Lake)
- Kopje Regional Park (Okanagan Lake)
Send Us Info and Photos on Other Recreation Day Trips:
Some Vernonites have had a bad habit of keeping information on
good recreation spots secret. Be generous and let others know where
good recreation can be had. Email
us a description (include photos if possible) and we might add
it to this site.
Beach Behaviour 101:
Here are some ways you can make the beach safe and enjoyable
for everyone. Please:
- Alcohol, illegal drug and glass containers are not allowed.
- Pets are not allowed on most beaches.
- Loud music which can be heard by others is rude. Leave the boom-box
- Have pride in our beaches. Don't litter. Cigarette butts, and
other trash left on the beach is disrespectful to others and can
- Have pride in our beaches. Pick up litter even if you didn't
- Respect those who live near beaches by not parking illegally
or being generally loud & obnoxious.
Join Friends of Vernon Beaches
Send us an email
and we'll add you to our membership newsletter.
Membership entitles you to email updates and invitation an invitation
to to a yearly beach BBQ. Members will also be welcomed to share
in some volunteer beach cleanups.
To myself I am only a child playing on the
beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.
- Isaac Newton